NorCal Premier Soccer announces the opening of our annual grant cycle. Please read this information carefully before applying.
Grant Awards Being Offered
NorCal Premier will award up to $4,000 for the 2023 cycle. Grants will be awarded as follows:
- Up to $2,000 Program Award (credit towards NorCal competitions – League, State Cup, Play Dates)
- Up to $2,000 credit to use toward purchases from any NorCal Partners (see options here)
Premios de subvención ofrecidos
NorCal Premier otorgará subvenciones de $4,000 para el ciclo 2022. Las subvenciones se concederán de la siguiente manera:
- Premio del Programa de $2,000 (crédito para las competiciones de NorCal – Liga, Copa Estatal, Fechas de Juego)
- Premio de equipo de $ 2,000 (crédito para compras de equipos: goles, pelotas, equipo de campo, ropa)
- Economic need of the club & community
- Past conduct of the club & maintaining NorCal club standards
- Participation in NorCal competitions
- History of prior NorCal grants received
Criterios de selección
- Necesidad económica del club y la comunidad
- Conducta pasada del club y mantenimiento de los estándares de clubes de NorCal
- Participación en competencias de NorCal
- Historia de subvenciones anteriores recibidas de NorCal
Application Process & Grant Award Qualification
The application window opens on September 1, and closes on October 20. Clubs must complete all the following steps to be awarded the Program & Equipment Awards.
1. Complete the application at the link below.
2. Be chosen by the NorCal grants committee for a grant reward.
3. Attendance at Coach Education Courses
- 50% of the club’s coaches (as determined by the number of teams the club has registered in NorCal) need to attend any coaching education course that is approved by NorCal*. Courses may be virtual or in person. Options include but are not limited to:
*Other coaching education courses may also qualify. Please get in touch with Rick Fullerton to verify if a particular course qualifies.
- Coaching education courses can be completed between August 1, 2023, and July 31, 2024.
4. Attendance at Club Development Seminars
- Club DOC, President, or other key leadership role needs to attend at least two courses, webinars, or seminars providing education on club development (these may be virtual or in person). Options include but are not limited to offerings from NorCal Premier, US Soccer, United Soccer Coaches, Soccerparenting.org, Positive Coaching Alliance, Switch the Pitch, etc. Please contact Rick Fullerton to inquire about whether a particular club development course or offering qualifies.
- Club development seminars/courses can be completed between August 1, 2023, and July 31, 2024.
5. After #1-#4 are completed, selected clubs shall be awarded their grants.
Timeline/Linea de tiempo
- September 1, 2023: Application window opens
- October 20, 2023: Application Window closes
- December 1, 2023: Announcement of 2023 Grant Recipients
- July 31, 2024: Deadline for grant recipients to complete requirements.
- 20 de octubre: Se cierra la ventana de aplicación
- 1 de deciembre: Anuncio de los beneficiarios de la subvención 2022
Who is this for?
The NorCal Premier Grants are open to any NorCal Premier Soccer member clubs. This is an organization-level grant, not team level. Applications need to come through your club leadership. Limit of one application per NorCal club. These funds are specifically intended to help under-resourced soccer clubs and organizations primarily serving players in low-income, disadvantaged communities.
To apply for a grant, please follow this LINK