NorCal’s PDPs are sanctioned as Olympic Development Programs (ODP) via US Club Soccer’s id2 and Player Development Programs.
Age Groups: U13-U14 (08&09)
Season: August – June
Overview: This group will train one time per month in each region. Trainings will be on Mondays. Selected players will get the opportunity to participate in playdates against other regions.
Recommendation: Through DOC recommendation during window (July) or by being scouted by PDP staff.
Note: Players in younger age groups than listed above, will only be considered in exceptional circumstances in a case by case basis with final approval of PDP director
U15-U17 State Pool (05,06,07 )
Season: September – June
Recommendation: Scouted by PDP staff and performance at Regional PDP trainings.
Overview: The state pool group will be split into inter-regional groups and will train one time a month at different locations.
- Region 5, 6 and North State – Fairfield/Vallejo
- Region 2, 3/4 and South State – Dublin
- Region 7, 8 and Central State – Merced (Boys Only)
Selected players from our State Pool’s will get the opportunity to participate in showcase games, a residential state camp, international trips, college showcases, tournaments, and events where they compete against other State PDP programs. They will also be evaluated and recommended if age appropriate for ID2, US Training Center, and National Team programs.
NorCal PDP Player Selection Process.
- All coaching staff meet and discuss each player who has attended tryout right after the session has concluded.
- A system rating 1-5 is used (see below) The rating has a minimum standard based on the program that the player needs to meet to be invited back to the next session. Minimum Standard: Regional “2” State “3”
- All the scores from the coaching staff are considered in the evaluation of a player (Generally 4-6 scores)
- Final decision must be unanimous among the coaching staff, if a player is not invited back
If even just one score among of all scores on a particular player meets the minimum standard, that player will be invited back on what is called “on a bubble” till all the coaching staff reaches a unanimous decision.
- If a coach has a conflict of interest with a player who plays in the same club where he-she is coaching, that particular coach will not be part of the discussion-evaluation of the player and his-her score is not considered
Rating System For NorCal PDP Players
5 Top US Youth National Team Player
4.5 US Youth National Team
4 US Soccer National Pool Player
3.5 Top NORCAL PDP/US Youth ID
3 NORCAL PDP State Pool
2.5 PDP Junior State Pool
2 NORCAL PDP Regional pool
1.5 Top Club level
1 Local Club level
Letter Sent To PDP Famalies
Click Here for a copy of the player/parent agreement sent to players selected to participate in the PDP program