The goal of the handbook is to assist clubs, coaches, and managers in ensuring the NorCal Premier Soccer League (“NorCal”) operates smoothly and is a positive experience for all involved – players, coaches, managers, club officials, referees, and parents.
When competing in NorCal Programs, a club oversees their coaches, players, parents, and club personnel – administratively, on and around the field. Each club is responsible for ensuring all members understand and meet the following requirements and follow NorCal Rules and Code of Ethics.
- Quality – Clubs and their teams must strive for excellence concerning play, sportsmanship, fields, referees, and the total soccer experience.
- Director of Coaching – Clubs must have a named Director of Coaching listed on the NorCal website with a working email address. The Director must be familiar with each team in their club and its involvement in the NorCal Programs.
- Fields – Clubs must have at least one high-quality field (5 time slots) per eight teams. Teams traveling long distances deserve to play on decent fields! Teams may ask that they play all away games.
- Referees – Clubs must have a current USSF certified Referee Assignor and enough current year USSF licensed referees available to cover all their teams entered in the competition.
- Administration – Clubs must have an administrator responsible for helping teams maintain their club and team information on the NorCal website. This person should have a working email address and be available to assist team managers with all administrative tasks.
- Good Standing – Clubs must be in good standing with NorCal.