USSF License Courses
NorCal Premier Soccer is proud to host official US Soccer Federation license courses via our national governing body, US Club Soccer. If your club is interested in hosting a Grassroots Module or D License course, please contact us at [email protected]
About US Soccer Federation License courses
The U.S. Soccer Coaching Department was established in the early 1970s by famed West German teacher and coach, Dettmar Cramer. Each level of the U.S. Soccer Coaching License Pathway is designed to meet the needs of coaches ranging from the coach who is inexperienced in soccer to the former professional player who desires to coach in amateur, professional or international competitions. The U.S. Soccer coaching curriculum is designed to improve development of players in the organized player base in the United States, concentrating on creating more organized, age-appropriate training sessions, developing coaching practices and creating an environment that is fun for the players.
Grassroots Module (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11) Hosting Requirements (12 candidates - 1 instructor)
- 4-hour course. Preferred schedule is 1 hour in the classroom, 2 hours on the field, then 1 hour back in the classroom. But we can also do 2 hours in the classroom & then 2 on the field, or vice versa.
- 2 hours of space in an appropriate classroom/learning space. Preference to be close to the field to stay efficient on time. Access to a projector & screen.
- 4v4 course – 6 players, U8 or younger – need 1/4 of a full-size field
- 7v7 course – 12 players, U9 or U10 – need 1/2 of a full-size field
- 9v9 course – 16 players, U11 or U12 – need 1/2 of a full-size field
- 11v11 course – 18 players, U13 or older – need 1/2 of a full-size field
- 25% of the spots in the course reserved for their own coaches.
- Additional subsidy, so the GR course is only $25 per coach (usually $50 for NorCal coaches, true cost is $100).
D License Hosting Requirements (24 candidates - 2 instructors)
Field & Players Schedule (exact times are flexible)
- Friday – 1 full field from 7:15pm-9:15pm – no players needed
- Saturday – 1/2 field from 1:30-3:00pm – 14 to 16 4v4-aged players
- Sunday – 1 full field from 1:30-3:00pm – 28 to 30 9v9-aged players
- Saturday – 1 full field from 1:30-3:00pm – 24 to 26 7v7-aged players
- Sunday – 2 full fields from 12:00-2:00pm – 36 to 40 11v11-aged players
Meeting room Schedule
- Friday – 5:00-7:30pm
- Saturday – 8:00am-12:00pm & 3:30-8:15pm
- Sunday – 8:00am-12:00pm & 3:30-6:00pm
- Saturday – 7:00am-12:00pm & 3:30-8:00pm
- Sunday – 7:00am-10:30am & 2:30-6:30pm
- Extremely useful to have a classroom that is next to or near the field. This cuts down on travel time back and forth.
- Need a projector, screen, tables, and seating for 24 coach candidates.
- Field needs vary as lined out above. Need access to the goals and lights when appropriate.
- These need to be players that are the appropriate age for the level of play we’re working on (so U11 or U12 kids for 9v9 portion, U13 or older kids for 11v11 portion)
- Any level of play and gender is fine. It’s okay to mix groups and have various ages (of the same format), levels, genders in the same group for the field sessions.
- Host club has 25% of the spots reserved for their own coaches (must be eligible for the course). This would be 6 spots.
- Course is further subsidized for host coaches, $150 per coach for the D License (NorCal Premier coach cost is $250, true cost is about $500).