Age Groups: 2005, 2006, 2007 (Boys & Girls)
Season: August – June
Overview: This group will train one time per month in each region. Trainings will be on Mondays. Selected players will get the opportunity to participate in playdates against other regions.
Recommendation: Through DOC recommendation during window (June-July) or by being scouted by PDP staff.
Junior State PDP
Age Groups: 2005, 2006 (Boys)
Season: September- June
Recommendation: Through performance at Regional PDP trainings.
Overview: Selected players from the regional pools will train 1 time per month (primarily Mondays), September-June, with a break in December. This will be in ADDITION to the once per month regional training. We will select players from 2 regions to train at one central location. The regions will be organized as follows:
- Region 5 and 6 – Fairfield/Vallejo
- Region 2/3 and 2 – San Jose
- Region 7 and 8 – Merced
State Pool PDP
Age Groups: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2003 Boys and 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Girls
Season: September – June
Recommendation: Scouted by PDP staff and performance at Regional PDP trainings.
Overview: The state pool group will be split into inter-regional groups and will train one time a month at different locations. Trainings will generally take place on Wednesdays.
Selected players will get the opportunity to participate in showcase games, a residential state camp, international trips, college showcases, tournaments, and events where they compete against other State PDP programs. They will also be evaluated and recommended if age appropriate for ID2, US Training Center, and National Team programs.
NorCal PDP Player Selection Process.
- All coaching staff meet and discuss each player who has attended tryout right after the session has concluded.
- A system rating 1-5 is used (see below) The rating has a minimum standard based on the program that the player needs to meet to be invited back to the next session. Minimum Standard: Regional “2” State “3”
- All the scores from the coaching staff are considered in the evaluation of a player (Generally 4-6 scores)
- Final decision must be unanimous among the coaching staff, if a player is not invited back
If even just one score among of all scores on a particular player meets the minimum standard, that player will be invited back on what is called “on a bubble” till all the coaching staff reaches a unanimous decision.
- If a coach has a conflict of interest with a player who plays in the same club where he-she is coaching, that particular coach will not be part of the discussion-evaluation of the player and his-her score is not considered
Rating System For NorCal PDP Players
5 Top US Youth National Team Player
4.5 US Youth National Team player pool
4 US Soccer Training Center (TC)
3.5 Top NORCAL PDP State Pool
3 NORCAL PDP State Pool
2.5 PDP Junior State Pool
2 NORCAL PDP Regional pool
1.5 Top Club level
1 Local Club level
Letter Sent To PDP Famalies
Click Here for a copy of the player/parent agreement sent to players selected to participate in the PDP program