NorCal Level 1 Pilot Course
NorCal’s Coach Education Department recently completed the first in a series of level 1 coach education courses. The course targeted coaches in Region 7 and and 8 and was conducted over a 6 month period.
The objective of the course was to influence and assist the coaches in providing proper training for the golden age of learning (8-12 yrs.) During the series of classes, field sessions, and assignments the coaches were able to acquire and further develop the competencies to work in a youth environment. The course subjects included:
- Game Fundamentals – Structure of Soccer
- Player Fundamentals
- Methodology of Teaching
- Methodology – Role of the coach in training, games, planning player development (guidance)
- Players’ characteristics-Individual Player Development
- Technical, Tactical, Personality, Physical –(TTPP)
- NorCal Premier System and Style of Play based on the 9v9 model
- Planning – Season planning, Meso (6 weeks), Weekly, Training
- Club Culture and Environment
The following coaches successfully completed all components of the course. Special thanks to Merced Atlas Academy for providing a classroom and field for each session.
|Michael||Beebe||South Valley Chivas|
|Frank||Brunnemann||Cen Cal Cosmos|
|Esmaldo||hernandez||South Valley Chivas|
|Kevin||Botterill||Cen Cal Cosmos|
|Tim||Caroll||Cen Cal Cosmos|
|Alexis||Hernadez||South Valley Chivas|
NorCal is working on plans to bring the same course to the other Regions. The course is Free to NorCal members, subject to committed participation.